Saturday, September 27, 2008

My tonsils felt ignored...

...so they decided to get really puffy. Well, they got the attention they craved. After a few days with a sore throat, I came to the conclusion that I had a little case of tonsillitis. So, this morning, Dan's friend brought us to a nearby clinic. The doctor took out the tongue depressor stick and put it on my tongue and looked at the back of my mouth for about 0.5 seconds. Then he asked me a few questions, then handed me a prescription. The visit cost a little over 4,000 won (about 4 US dollars). We proceeded to the pharmacy downstairs and I got my medicine (oh no! Another 3,000 won! How will we ever afford doctor visits and medicine that add up to 8 dollars?!)....

Anyway, this is what the medicine looks like (I thought it deserved some documenting):

1. feeling a little skeptical about the colorful pills...
2. maybe they'll do the trick...
3. putting my complete trust in the pills


Is it just me, or does anyone else find it a bit cruel to have a patient who is already experiencing enough pain simply swallowing to take 6 pills 3 times a day for 3 days?

3 comments:

Megs said...

hahah those pilss are totally worth documenting well done jules! hahaha

Anonymous said...

haha, julie, my sweet...you are eternally hilarious. and in response to your previous post - I READ YOUR BLOG!!! and love you very much.

julie said...

i love you my friends!!! yeah, the pills almost screamed to be photographed. ;)