Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A garden of my own.


This spring, I decided that munching on crispy greens (and reds) from my own backyard would be the way to go. I've been squinting my eyes trying to read seed package instructions and scanning websites for the best way to take care of my growing buddies. The result is a modest, sorta funny-looking garden with what I hope is great potential. My sugar peas are almost half a foot tall, and my green beans have definitely reached a foot. Radishes and lettuce will come soon (as soon as the fear of frost is past - where did those cold nights come from?) followed by jalapenos and cherry tomatoes, if they can all fit in my tiny dirt space. More pictures to come... I'm trying to grow basil and rosemary inside, but after a whole month, they're barely an inch tall. Come on now! Well, that's my story, morning glory. Cheers to the few readers who've come this way. :)

No comments: